Red beet is super-versatile. You can use it in everything from salads to desserts. These pink coconut macaroons have a delightful magenta-red colour, thanks to the addition of red beet powder from Biotona. Red beet has been used since ancient times as a natural colorant. But did you know that this red pigment also has powerful anti-oxidative properties? In addition, it improves your blood circulation, thereby increasing your endurance and providing you with greater energy and vitality.
|Ingredients (Makes 16 cookies)|
|Shredded coconut, unsweetened||150 g|
|Biotona Coconut milk||40 g|
|Almond flour||50 g|
|Biotona Red beet powder||2-3 teaspoons|
|Agave syrup||4 tablespoons|
|Coconut oil, melted||2 tablespoons|
|Aquafaba (liquid from one can of chickpeas)||¼ cup|
|For the chocolate sauce:|
|Coconut oil, melted||3 tablespoons|
|Biotona Cacao powder||4 tablespoons|
|Agave syrup||2 teaspoons|
|Vegan chocolate chips, melted||½ cup|
|Coconut oil, melted||1 tablespoon|
|Standing mixer with whipping attachment, mixing bowl, baking tray lined with baking paper, oven|
- Start by adding ¼ cup of aquafaba to a large bowl of standing mixer and turn on the whipping function, high speed. Let the mixer work for about 5 minutes, until you have stiff foam. Alternatively, you can also whip aquafaba with an electric hand mixer.
- Add shredded coconut, coconut milk powder, almond flour and beet powder to a mixing bowl. Mix to combine.
- Add agave syrup, melted coconut oil and 1 and a half cup of the foam whipped from chickpea liquid. Mix well. The consistency should be moist and it should be easy to form balls in your hands, without crumbling. If the dough is too crumbly, add some more whipped aquafaba.
- Preheat the oven to 180C. Form the batter into 16 balls, flatten them slightly and arrange on a lined baking tray. Bake for 14 minutes, after that time turn the heat off, open the oven and let the macaroons cool down completely on the baking tray.
- When cooled, dip the bottom of each cookie in chocolate sauce (choose one or the sauce options mentioned in the recipe), place on a piece of baking paper and drizzle the remaining sauce on top. Refrigerate for 30 minutes on until the chocolate is set.