Who doesn't love a delicious donut?!! These vegan pronuts are not only super-tasty, but also nourish your body.
Thanks to the use of Biotona's pure vegetarian protein powder, they make a wonderful (and protein-rich) snack. Just as importantly, they also provide a complete spectrum of amino acids through the combination of a concentrated protein fraction from brown rice (with an amino acid profile that is very similar to breast milk) and a protein powder derived from peas and hemp seeds.
|Ingredients (makes 5 donuts)|
|Banana||50 g (half of a small/medium banana)|
|Almond milk, unsweetened||120 ml|
|Apple cider vinegar||1 tablespoon|
|Coconut oil, melted||2 tablespoon|
|Raw cane sugar or coconut sugar||50 g|
|Biotona Veggie protein||30 g|
|Buckwheat flour||35 g|
|Biotona Cacao powder||16 g|
|Biotona Coconut milk||8 g|
|Sea salt||A pinch|
|Baking powder||½ teaspoon|
|Baking soda||½ teaspoon|
|Shredded coconut||To taste|
|Homemade chocolate sauce|
|Coconut oil, melted||2 tablespoons|
|Biotona Cacao powder||2 tablespoons|
|Maple syrup||1 tablespoon|
|Mixing bowl, donut pan, oven|
- Preheat the oven to 180C.
- In the mixing bowl, mash the banana with a fork.
- Add almond milk, apple cider vinegar, coconut oil and sugar. Whisk with the fork until well combined.
- Add Biotona Veggie Protein powder, buckwheat flour, Biotona Cacao powder, Biotona Coconut milk powder, salt, baking powder and baking soda. Mix to combine.
- Transfer to the greased donut pan. Bake for 15 minutes.
- Let cool in the pan.
- Optionally: dip cooled donuts in chocolate sauce and sprinkle with shredded coconut.