Do you need a little inspiration for some sweet (but healthy!) sinning? You can enjoy the pleasure of this delicious cake without feeling guilty! The magical Maqui powder, made from tiny berries from Patagonia, has one of the highest concentrations of anti-oxidants in the world. These substances are well-known for their ability to protect our cells against free radicals. In other words, this cake not only looks good and tastes good, but also does you good! Is your mouth watering already?
|For the crust:|
|Almond flour||1 cup (100 g)|
|Oats, rolled||1 cup (100 g)|
|Shredded coconut||2 tablespoons (15 g)|
|Coconut oil||3 tablespoons|
|Maple syrup||3 tablespoons|
|For the filling:|
|Biotona Coconut milk powder||1 tablespoon|
|Water||1 cup (240ml)|
|Tapioca, arrowroot or corn starch (flour)||1 tablespoon|
|Agar agar||1 teaspoon|
|Lemon juice||3 tablespoons|
|Maple syrup||4 tablespoons|
|Biotona Maqui powder||2 teaspoons|
|Biotona Beetroot powder (substitute: Biotona Superfruits powder)||1 teaspoon|
|Food processor, blender, small saucepan, whisk, 20 cm spring form or tart pan with removable bottom, baking paper|
- Add almond flour, oats, shredded coconut and salt to a food processor. Blitz several times until well combined.
- Add coconut oil and the maple syrup and blitz again until you have the consistency of wet, sticky crumble.
- Transfer crumbly mixture to a form lined with baking paper and press it with your fingers to form the crust, leaving the edges higher. Place in the fridge while preparing the filling.
- Add full fat coconut milk, starch, agar agar, lemon juice and maple syrup to a blender. Blend shortly, until all ingredients are well combined and the mixture is smooth.
- Pour the mixture into a saucepan. Bring to a simmer over medium heat and let cook for about 1 minute, whisking continuously, until thickened.
- Remove from heat, add the Biotona Superfood powders (Biotona Maqui powder and Biotona Beetroot powder) and whisk until well combined. Leave to cool for 15-20 minutes, but come back and give it a whisk every 5-10 minutes.
- Pour cooled filling into the crust. Refrigerate for a minimum of 3 hours or until set.