With the help of this simple recipe, you can make your own scrumptious gluten-free pumpkin crackers in the twinkling of an eye! They are great with a dip, as a snack or as an accompaniment to your lunch. Thanks to Biotona Pumpkin seed, these crunchy crackers are an ideal source of vegetable protein, as well as containing a significant amount of healthy fats. Easy, tasty and very, very crispy!
|Biotona Pumpkin seed||1 cup, (130g)|
|Buckwheat flour||½ cup (65g)|
|Celtic salt||1 teaspoon|
|Water, filtered||5 tablespoons (75ml)|
|Your favourite herbs and spices|
|Food processor, baking tray, baking paper, rolling pin, knife or pizza cutter, oven|
- Add Biotona Pumpkin seed, buckwheat flour and salt to the food processor. Blitz until rough flour consistency. At this point you can also mix in your favourite herbs and spices if you decide to make flavoured crackers.
- Add water and blend again, until the dough starts to come together and stick easily. Stop and scrape the sides whenever necessary. You can add an extra tablespoon of water or some more buckwheat flour to adjust the consistency.
- Take the dough into your hands and form a ball. Transfer it on a baking tray lined with a sheet of baking paper. Flatten the ball of dough with your hands, forming a more or less square shape and then use a rolling pin to roll the dough until about 0,3cm thick. You can roll it through a second sheet of baking paper if it sticks to the rolling pin.
- Use a knife or a pizza cutter to cut the rolled dough into desired cracker shapes.
- Bake at 150C for about 40 minutes or until golden brown. Leave to cool completely on the baking tray. Store in an airtight container.