These delicious pancakes are a bright yellow colour, thanks to the addition of curcuma, an Ayurvedic spice that lends a pleasantly healthy touch to so many recipes. Curcuma offers numerous health benefits: purifying the body, supporting the immune system and improving the flexibility of your joints, to name just a few! For healthy pancakes, replace refined sugar with coconut flower sugar. For vegan pancakes, replace the egg with mashed banana. Success guaranteed for young and old alike!
|Ingredients (2 portions)|
|Baking powder||1 teaspoon|
|Biotona bio Curcuma Raw||1 teaspoon|
|Coconut flour sugar||2 tablespoons|
|Egg (vegan alternative: mashed ripe banana)||1|
|Oat milk||240 ml|
|Bowl, whisk, non-stick pan|
- Put the oatmeal, baking powder, Biotona bio Curcuma Raw and the coconut flour sugar into a bowl. Stir thoroughly.
- Add the egg (or mashed banana) and the oat milk. Beat well with the whisk until you have a smooth and consistent pancake batter. Put to one side and allow to rest for five minutes.
- In the meantime, heat the non-stick pan.
- Cook 8 to 9 pancakes (use roughly two tablespoons of the batter per pancake) until they are golden brown on both sides (turn them once the first side is done).
- Serve with the berries of your choice and (if desired) some honey or maple syrup.