These colourful waffles show that healthy food can also be tasty and fun. They make a great snack for young and old alike and give you a pleasantly full feeling, so that you don’t overeat. What’s more, they are also gluten-free and have a low fat content. With these nutritious self-made snacks you are certain to score with your kids. Biotona Supergreens and Biotona Superfruits make it possible to add extra vegetables and fruit to your dishes in surprising and unexpected ways. As a result, your children get all the goodness they need, but without the daily fight over the dining room table!
Tip: It is even more fun if you involve your children in the preparation!
|Spelt flour||1 cup|
|Baking powder||1 teaspoon|
|Himalayan salt||A pinch|
|Unsweetened almond or oat milk||¾ cup|
|Melted coconut oil (or grapeseed oil)||2 tablespoons|
|Maple (or agave) syrup||2 tablespoons|
|Vanilla extract||1 teaspoon|
|Biotona Supergreens||1 teaspoon|
|Biotona Superfruits||1 teaspoon|
- In a large mixing bowl combine flour, baking powder and salt.
- Add milk, oil, maple syrup and vanilla and mix until well combined.
- If the batter looks too thick add 2-3 tablespoons of milk.
- Divide the batter in 2 even parts and mix a teaspoon of Biotona Supergreens into the first one, and a teaspoon of Biotona Superfruits into the second one.
- Bake 4 waffles in a hot, lightly greased waffle iron until crispy on the outside.
- Exact baking time will depend on the characteristics of the waffle iron.