Sadly, people with a gluten intolerance need to avoid all foods containing cereals. So how fantastic that they can now make – and enjoy – this easy and delicious potato taco! What’s more, the added Biotona Curcuma Raw not only gives the taco a fun colour, but also allows you to benefit from all the natural health advantages of turmeric. These include a powerful anti-oxidising effect, healthier bones and joints, and an improved digestion, as well as giving your immune system a welcome boost. At the same time, the added coconut milk provides extra energy and contributes towards better intestinal function. And why not fill your taco with a vegetable topping for a really delicious meal that is 100% gluten-free!
|Ingredients (6-8 taco shells)|
|Potatoes, peeled, steamed and cut into chucks||250 g|
|Biotona Coconut milk||2 tablespoons (+ more, if needed)|
|Tapioca flour||60 g|
|Biotona Curcuma Powder||½ teaspoon|
|Sea salt||¼ teaspoon|
|Mixing bowl, potato masher|
- Put the steamed potato chunks and two tablespoons of coconut milk in a bowl. Mash the potatoes with a masher until you have a puree.
- Add the tapioca flour, oatmeal, curcuma powder and sea salt. Knead this mixture with your hands until it forms a soft and elastic dough (with the consistency of plasticine).
- If the dough is too dry and crumbly (which can happen if the potatoes you use are exceptionally dry and starch-rich), add a little more coconut milk until the right consistency is achieved.
- Roll the potato dough into a ball and cut it into six equal pieces.
- Place each piece on a dusted sheet of baking paper and press it flat, until you have a round pancake-like disc. Roll each disc with a dusted rolling pin until a thickness of 2-3 millimetres is reached. Depending on how big you want your tortillas to be you can either cut out neat circles with a pastry cutter of the right size or else you can just trim off the rough edges with a knife.
- Cook the tortillas in a hot, dry pan with a non-stick layer for 2 to 3 minutes on each side or until they are nicely browned.