If you have a nut allergy or simply do not like nuts, this is a great recipe for you! With a rich mix of different seeds, proteins and fibres, you can easily make these super-delicious and super-nutritious snack bars. Biotona provides the pumpkin seeds, hemp seeds, protein powder, super-sprouts (geminated seeds) and super-fibres (both soluble and insoluble). Dates and raisins add cohesion to the mix, while Biotona raw cacao nibs make a tasty and healthy topping.
|Medjool dates, deseeded||1 cup|
|Warm water||½ cup|
|Sea salt||½ teaspoon|
|Biotona Pumpkin seeds||½ cup|
|Biotona Hemp seeds||¼ cup|
|Biotona Super-sprouts||¼ cup|
|Biotona Veggie protein powder||¼ cup|
|Biotona Super-fibres||¼ cup|
|Biotona Cacao nibs||¼ cup|
|Kitchen robot, freezer-proof rectangular tray, covered with baking paper|
- Put the dates, raisins, water and salt into the kitchen robot. Mince these ingredients for about 30 seconds, until you have a uniform and crumbly mixture. Scrape the sides of the kitchen robot bowl with a spatula to remove any of the mixture that is sticking there.
- Add the oatmeal, pumpkin seeds, hemp seeds, super-sprout powder, protein powder and super-fibre powder to the mixture. Sit briefly by hand, until the dry ingredients are absorbed into the wet mix.
- Put the resulting mixture into a bowl and work it by hand like you would knead dough, until everything is evenly and thoroughly mixed. The consistency should be stickly yet still crumbly, although the mix should hold together when you press it between your fingers.
- Put the mix into a tray lined with baking paper and press it evenly and firmly into position.
- Add a sprinkling of cacao nibs and press them lightly into the surface of the mix.
- Place the tray in a freezer for about before 45 minutes, before cutting the hardened mix into bars of the shape and size you desire. Keep these bars in the fridge.