These romantic red (and completely vegan) pancakes are blood-tinglingly tasty and ready in just minutes! Their beautiful red colour is the result of the addition of Biotona Red beet powder. Red beet has been used for many centuries as a colouring agent. But did you know that its pigment is also a powerful anti-oxidant? The bright colour of the flower and the flesh of red beets is, in fact, caused by the interaction of three different large groups of pigments: flavonoids, carotenoids and betalaines. Red beet is particularly rich in the last of these. In addition, red beet also enhances your physical endurance and gives you more energy and vitality. An ideal snack to tempt your loved ones and make them blush with delight!
|Whole grain spelt flour||100 g|
|Baking powder||1 teaspoon|
|Biotona Red beet||2 teaspoons|
|Unsweetened oat milk||150 ml|
|Apple cider vinegar||1 tablespoon|
|Maple syrup||1 tablespoon|
- Start by mixing oat milk with apple cider vinegar. Set aside.
- In a bowl, combine spelt flour, baking powder, beet powder and cinnamon.
- Add milk mixture and maple syrup and mix together.
- Bake pancakes on a hot skillet greased with a little bit of oil.
- Use one heaped tablespoon of batter per pancake.