Searching for an original but healthy breakfast for the kids? Why not give these oat-chia waffles a try? They are easy to make, super-healthy and give you a really full feeling. If you use gluten-free oats, they can also be great for children with gluten intolerance.
|Rolled oats (gluten free if needed)||1,5 cup|
|Biotona Chia seed (black)||1 tablespoon|
|Baking powder||1,5 tablespoon|
|Unsweetened almond or oat milk||1 cup|
|Melted coconut oil (or grapeseed oil)||2 tablespoons|
|Biotona Maple (or Agave) syrup||2 tablespoons|
|Vanilla extract||1 teaspoon|
|Biotona Supergreens||1 teaspoon|
|Biotona Superfruits||1 teaspoon|
- Place oats and chia seeds in a food processor and blitz until flour consistency.
- Transfer to a bowl, add baking powder and salt and mix well.
- Add milk, oil, syrup and vanilla, mix to combine.
- Divide the batter in 2 even parts and mix a teaspoon of Biotona Supergreens into the first one, and a teaspoon of Biotona Superfruits into the second one.
- Let the batter rest for 10 minutes.
- After that time bake your waffles in a hot, lightly greased waffle iron until crispy on the outside.
- Exact baking time will depend on the characteristics of your waffle iron.